Center for Healthcare Innovation, Implementation and Policy
CSHIIP Leadership | David Ganz, MD, PhD
David A. Ganz, MD, PhD
Associate Director, VA HSR&D Center for the Study of Healthcare Innovation, Implementation & Policy, VA Greater LA Healthcare System
Staff Physician, VA Greater LA Healthcare System, Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center (GRECC)
Associate Professor of Medicine, UCLA
Adjunct Natural Scientist, RAND
Dr. David A. Ganz is a geriatrician and health services researcher at the VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, UCLA, and RAND. As the Associate Director for CSHIIP, he supports the day-to-day activities of the Center as well as the career development of junior researchers. Dr. Ganz currently serves as a Principal Investigator of the VA Care Coordination Quality Enhancement Research Initiative Program, and Fellowship Director for the VA Quality Scholars Program’s Los Angeles site (http://vaqs.org)*.
- Fall-Related Injuries in the Elderly
- Care Coordination
- Quality Measurement and Improvement
- Ganz DA, Barnard JM, Smith NZY, Miake-Lye IM, Delevan DM, Simon A, Rose DE, Stockdale SE, Change ET, Noel PH, Finley EP, Lee ML, Zulman DM, Cordasco KM, Rubenstein LV. Development of a Web-Based Toolkit to Support Improvement of Care Coordination in Primary Care. Translational Behavioral Medicine 2018;8:492-502.
- Bergman AA, Delevan DM, Miake-Lye IM, Rubenstein LV, Ganz DA. Partnering to improve care: the case of the Veterans' Health Administration's Quality Enhancement Research Initiative. J Health Serv Res Policy 2017;22:139-48.
- Ganz DA, Kim S, Zingmond DS, Ramirez KD, Roth CP, Jennings L, Mori T, Keeler EB, Wenger NS, Reuben DB. The Effect of a Falls Quality Improvement Program on Fall-related Injuries. J Am Geriatr Soc 2015;63:63-70.
- Øvretveit J, Hempel S, Magnabosco JL, Mittman BS, Rubenstein LV, Ganz DA. Guidance for Research-Practice Partnerships. Journal of Health Organization and Management 2014;28: 115-126.
NCBI MyBibliography: David Ganz, MD, PhD*
* External Link Disclaimer: Links marked with an asterisk ( * ) are external links. By clicking on these links, you will leave the Department of Veterans Affairs website. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked website. The link will open in a new window.
Last Updated: December 10, 2018