Center for Healthcare Innovation, Implementation and Policy
CSHIIP Leadership | David Ganz, MD, PhD
David A. Ganz, MD, PhD
Associate Director, VA HSR&D Center for the Study of Healthcare Innovation, Implementation & Policy, VA Greater LA Healthcare System
Staff Physician, VA Greater LA Healthcare System, Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center (GRECC)
Professor of Medicine, UCLA
Adjunct Natural Scientist, RAND
Dr. David A. Ganz is a geriatrician and health services researcher at the VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, UCLA, and RAND. As the Associate Director for CSHIIP, he supports the day-to-day activities of the Center as well as the career development of junior researchers.
- Fall-Related Injuries in the Elderly
- Care Coordination
- Quality Measurement and Improvement
- Hempel S, Miake-Lye I, Brega AG, Buckold F 3rd, Hassell S, Nowalk MP, Rubenstein L, Schreiber K, Spector WD, Kilbourne AM, Ganz DA. Quality Improvement Toolkits: Recommendations for Development. Am J Med Qual. 2019 Nov/Dec;34(6):538-544. PMID: 30675797
- Ganz DA, Siu AL, Magaziner J, Latham NK, Travison TG, Lorenze NP, Lu C, Wang R, Greene EJ, Stowe CL, Harvin LN, Araujo KLB, Gurwitz JH, Agrawal Y, Correa-De-Araujo R, Peduzzi P, Gill TM; STRIDE Investigators. Protocol for serious fall injury adjucation in the Strategies to Reduce Injuries and Develop Confidence in Elders (STRIDE) study. Inj Epidemiol 2019 Apr 15;6:14. PMID: 31245263
- Ganz DA, Barnard JM, Smith NZY, Miake-Lye IM, Delevan DM, Simon A, Rose DE, Stockdale SE, Change ET, Noel PH, Finley EP, Lee ML, Zulman DM, Cordasco KM, Rubenstein LV. Development of a Web-Based Toolkit to Support Improvement of Care Coordination in Primary Care. Translational Behavioral Medicine 2018;8:492-502.
- Ovretveit J, Mittman B, Rubenstein L, Ganz DA. Using implementation tools to design and conduct quality improvement projects for faster and more effective improvement. Int J Health Care Qual Assur. 2017 Oct 9:30(8):755-768. PMID: 28958203.
- Bergman AA, Delevan DM, Miake-Lye IM, Rubenstein LV, Ganz DA. Partnering to improve care: the case of the Veterans' Health Administration's Quality Enhancement Research Initiative. J Health Serv Res Policy 2017;22:139-48. PMID: 28429984
NCBI MyBibliography: David Ganz, MD, PhD*
* External Link Disclaimer: Links marked with an asterisk ( * ) are external links. By clicking on these links, you will leave the Department of Veterans Affairs website. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked website. The link will open in a new window.
Last Updated: January 24, 2020